Job Title: Production Administrator & Education Developer
Application Deadline: Resumes and cover letter, including salary expectations by December 14, 2018
Interviews: January 2-4, 2019
Start date: To be mutually agreed upon, but ideally January 14, 2019
The Production Administrator & Education Developer is the full time liaison between the AD, PM, TD and AED and works between the office and stage depending on the season
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research assistance to AD & AED including scripts, scores and other theatre offerings.
- Collect, file and prepare scripts, scores for AD and Creative Teams
- Issue CAEA contracts and work with the PM/ AED on CAEA payroll
- Coordinate Auditions including communications with artists and creative teams, scheduling, logistics, room bookings, preparing audition notices and materials, cheque requests and execution of the events
- Booking travel arrangements for artists
- File production items including contracts, schedules and contact information
- Collect cast and creative team headshots, bios and distribute to marketing.
- Create and Distribute Cast welcome packages, including parking passes.
- Code and track invoices for PM, TD.
- Track production departments petty cash, prepare and submit cheque requests for PM
- Occasional off season ticket sales support by use of Theatre Manager
- Attending all production meetings and ensure accurate record keeping
- Assist in the creation/ updating of inventory lists, contact lists, season timelines and checklists, and other relevant documents.
- Other production administrative duties as assigned.
- Work with the AD and AED to develop effective and relevant programming and content that support the development of Manitoban talent or future Musical Theatre enthusiasts.
- Support the Education and Outreach Committee by administrating and coordinating the School Awards & Student Scholarships program and Awards night at Rainbow Stage, under the supervision of the AED.
- Developing programming, administrating, scheduling, logistics, staff hiring and training for Camp Rainbow, The Musical Theatre Conference for Students and The Actor’s Intensive
- Write and deliver final reports for all education programs
- Requests and collaborate on collateral materials and web updates with Marketing/Advertising.
- Draft, track and report on budgets for all education programs for the AED and accounting.
- Assist in funding requests and reports, including providing statistical information.
- Draft participant surveys and data analysis
- Book rooms, rent equipment, purchase materials for Education Programming
- Attending all education meetings and ensure accurate record keeping
- Liaise between the Production Departments, ensuring all camps and conferences logistics, timings and needs are communicated, approved and supported.
- Other education related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ training and experience in theatre
- Demonstrable training and experience in arts education or working with youth
- Basic understanding of applicable industry unions and associations (PACT/CAEA/ADC/IATSE) or willingness to learn
- Demonstrable superior computer literacy in Excel, Word, Google Docs and Sheets
- Demonstrable abilities with emailing protocol
- High level of interpersonal, and team-player skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change. Creativity and Inventiveness
- Strong communication skills and excellent telephone demeanour
- The ability to remain calm in high pressure situations, and deal with issues in a calm and courteous manner
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- HR experience in hiring and training.
- Drivers license
- Familiarity and experience with Theatre Manager would be an asset
Decision Making/Independent Judgment:
Job tasks are varied and may require decisions on what to do as well as how to do it. Use of judgment is required to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes, analysis of factors and circumstances or transactions using creative methods.
Performance can be measured by the smooth running of the communications systems between part time and seasonal positions and the office and the stage.
Performance can be measured by the smooth running of the communications systems between office staff, creative teams and artists , including coordinating auditions.
Performance can be measured by the smooth running of education programs and the satisfaction of instructors, assistants, registrants and participants
Physical and Environmental Requirements of Job:
This position will involve freedom of movement with periodic sitting with occasional heavy lifting requirements. Transporting of equipment and materials for auditions and educational programming
The positon requires a split location between the theatre and the office during the summer months. The position requires flexibility in schedules during the summer months.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an incumbent. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of activities, duties or responsibilities. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Please send Resumes and Cover Letter, including Salary Expectations by Dec. 14th, 2018 to: Jeffrey Kohut – Production Administrator & Education Developer email@example.com