Free Professional Movement & Dance Training
For Music Theatre Performers
DATES: Every other weekday starting April 17th – May 17th, 2018
TIME: 9:15am -10:45am
LOCATION: Nafro Dance Centre, 109 Pulford Street in Osborne Village
IT’S SPRING TRAINING SEASON AT RAINBOW STAGE!
Every athlete knows they must undergo intensive training at the start of the sporting season in order to get back to basics, get back in shape, and get their head back in the game. Every spring, Rainbow Stage provides Spring Training in the form of Free Professional Movement & Dance training for Music Theatre performers of all levels – it’s time to get back to it! #ComeTrainWithUS #SpringTraining
ABOUT THIS YEAR’S CLASSES
Our free spring dance training remains inclusive of artists (16+) at all levels of ability. The first 1/2 hour of every class will feature a challenging professional level warm up, with the rest of the class exploring a slightly different focus each day. This year we are offering the following classes:
- Jazz Technique classes will focus on conditioning, flexibility, and on the technical side of jumps, kicks, turns, body alignment, posture, and coordination.
- Yoga classes will focus on physical yoga, pranayama (breathing exercises), discussion on yoga philosophy and various meditation practices and how to use these practices to support our craft.
- Movement For Actors classes will focus on the building blocks of dance commonly used in musical theatre. From terminology to technique, patterns and rhythms, this class is designed for those who want to learn the basics at a slower pace.
- Choreography classes will focus on learning a routine, letting loose and expressing the emotion and story through your body’s musicality. Learning choreography is a skill in itself. Consider this a mock dance call!
These classes are for YOUR benefit, all are welcome to attend.
No registrations are required. Just show up ready to get back into shape and dance!
Movement For Actors
What To Bring
- Dance Clothes, Dance Shoes (character shoes optional)
- Positive attitude
What To Expect
- To meet and interact with local arts community members in a joyful exploration of dance and movement.
- Classes to be comprised of people with a wide range of dance ability and experience.
- Expect to be challenged!
- Expect a professional, joyful, positive, nurturing environment
Please Consider Showing Your Support
As a not-for-profit organization Rainbow Stage relies on your generosity to support the sustainability and development of our educational and artistic training programming. Please consider showing your support by making a donation today.