Call for Submissions from Winnipeg-based Theatre professionals for Rainbow Stage’s 2016 Season
Rainbow Stage (RBS) is inviting applications from IATSE
Theatre Professionals for the following Seasonal position:
House Stage Hand/Flymen
Dates: May 27th, 2016 – September 20th, 2016
Rainbow Stage is seeking a self-motivated IATSE technician to become an integral part of set up and running crew. The successful candidate will be a direct report to the Stage Carpenter and will be responsible for providing efficient and reliable preparation, operation and maintenance of machinery, rigging and flying.
*The individual should have a minimum of 3 years professional experience in the area of Technical Theatre*
*Preference will be given to IATSE members of Winnipeg Local 63*
Submissions must be emailed by March 31st, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and care for all rigging hardware and soft goods associated with each production.
- Prepare all rigging paperwork and materials for all RBS productions.
- Coordinate rigging and stage needs for all Rainbow productions.
- Assist the scenic carpenters in planning the construction of scenic elements to accept rigging.
- Assist in coordinating and supervising the set up, strike and operations of all scenic elements, rigging and soft goods.
- Load, unload, maintain and repair flying equipment, scenery and suspended scenery.
- Provide a safe and clean work environment onstage for technicians and performers alike.
- Operate a fly system from its locking rail during a theatrical production.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate show records including: line plots, detail drawings, shop orders, cue sheets, timing sheets etc.
- Assist the Head Carpenter supervise casual crews hired to assist in the completion of assigned duties and tasks.
- The House Stage Hand, under the direction of the Head Carpenter; deputized as directed.
- Ensure all pertinent company and union policies and agreements are understood and implemented.
- Must adhere to and enforce all safety regulations including attire and footwear as stipulated for general IA calls and RBS policy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be a member of the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE) labour union.
- Previous experience in rigging is required along with knowledge of current rigging technology.
- Must be comfortable working at heights above the stage grid to add and remove counterweights from the fly system arbors.
- An ability to work well in a team atmosphere and posses strong cooperative leadership skills.
- Be comfortable working in an open air environment.
- Possess strong desire to hone existing skills and a willingness and ability to learn new ones.
- A diploma or certificate of graduation from a recognized theatrical training institute or equivalent in work experience.
- Be highly resourceful and possess efficient problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate strong writing, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Possession of a valid Pryo technician license, FAC, First-aid, CPR, ETCP rigging certificate an asset.
- Posses personal tools and instruments specific to stage technical needs (suggested but not mandatory).
Submit applications by email ONLY to: email@example.com
Subject: House Stage Hand/Flymen
Submissions must be emailed by March 31st, 2016
*All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted*