Rainbow Stage is committed to The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and its accessibility standards.
This page contains links to a variety of helpful guides and information for all patrons visiting Rainbow Stage. To request a full copy of the Rainbow Stage Accessibility Policy, please email email@example.com
American Sign Language Interpreted Performances
August 18 – 2pm performance
Rainbow Stage is proud to offer ASL Interpretation for
Ma-Buhay on July 7 and for Mary Poppins on August 18 at the 2pm matinee performance.
Interpreters will be placed in a designated section of the theatre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (204) 989-0888 to book your seats!
- The ASL section is priced as Section C
- Limited seating available
- When booking tickets, those interested should identify themselves as members of the deaf community to ensure seating in the section where interpreters are visible
- Rainbow Stage requires a minimum number of guests seated in the area at least 48 hours prio to the performance to provide the service. Please contact for further details.
Rainbow Stage offers one complimentary ticket for the support person of anyone who holds a valid Access2 card. The cardholder pays a regular ticket price.
To purchase a ticket and Access2 comp in advance please call us at (204) 989-0888 with a VISA or Mastercard. You will be asked to present your card when you pick up your ticket.
If you do not have a credit card, you may still purchase a ticket in advance by coming in person to our box office.
To purchase a ticket and Access2 comp on the day of the performance please come to the theatre with your Access2 card and we will help you out at the box office. Accepted forms of payment at the theatre: credit card, debit, cash.
Wheelchair and Mobility Aide Accessibility
The Rainbow Stage Theatre in Kildonan Park is fully accessible to patrons. There is a loading zone* directly in front of the theatre next to a paved sidewalk that leads to our front entry doors and box office.
Our paved parking lot is located on the north east side of the building. This lot is patrolled by employees hired by The City of Winnipeg. If you have handicap parking designation, they can direct you to the correct spaces in the lot. The lot also offers a paved sidewalk that leads directly to our theatre doors and box office. There is no step to enter through our front doors.
Once Inside The Building, Rainbow Stage Offers:
– Level ground access to concessions, bar, souvenirs, and washroom facilities.
– Wheelchair Accessible washroom stall in each bathroom.
– Rainbow Stage has 18 wheelchair-accessible seats:
- Orchestra Left, Row 13, Seats 1-9
- Orchestra Right, Row 13, Seats 1-9
These seats are slightly raised above the row in front and offer a clear view of the stage. Wheelchair-accessible seats are priced as Section C. Patrons who need seating in the wheelchair-accessible section is allowed to reserve one companion seat beside them.
– Other Accessible Seating
- For guests who require fixed theatre seating but are unable to climb stairs, we recommend seats in Rows 11-15. These rows only require a guest to climb a maximum of 3 steps up or down.
- Please note these steps do not have railings but if you require, we have volunteers and staff who are happy to assist you to your seat.
- If you use a mobility aid, such as a walker, you may not always have room at your seat to keep it near you throughout your performance. Our volunteers can place it safely to the side for you and return it to you as needed.
*Please always be aware of the parking signage around Kildonan Park. Roads inside Kildonan Park are patrolled by The City of Winnipeg Parking Authority. Wheelchair Reserved Seating is not available for purchase online. Please call 204-989-0888 or visit a box office to book. At this time, the Rainbow Stage Diamond Lounge is not an accessible space and can only be reached by stairs. If you are interested in booking or attending an event located in the Diamond Lounge and you have mobility concerns, please contact email@example.com for options.
Supporting Our Accessibility Initiative
Rainbow Stage will continue to train or staff and develop better ways to assist every patron. All are welcome at Rainbow Stage and our goal is to create lasting enjoyable memories to be shared for generations.
As a not-for-profit organization, Rainbow Stage accepts donations to assist us with building, developing and expanding these accessibility standards and events.
Click here to find out more about how you can donate to Rainbow Stage’s growing accessibility initiative.