WINNIPEG SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
AUDITION NOTICE FOR THE 2017 SEASON
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s South Pacific
By Oscar Hammerstein II and Joshua Logan
Directed by Donna Fletcher
Winnipeg Auditions (by appointment only):
January 29th, 2017
January 6th, 2017
The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra and Rainbow Stage are now accepting electronic submissions from child actors of ages (7-12) for our April 2017 production of South Pacific in Concert.
We are seeking ethnically diverse child actors with dynamic presence, a lot of personality, French language skills (spoken), and excellent technique in both acting and singing.
Rehearsals Start: March 27th, 2017
Opening: April 7th, 2017
Closing: April 9th, 2017
In an effort to reduce paper consumption during the submissions process, Rainbow Stage is only accepting online submissions. If you have not done so yet this season, please send the role(s) you would like to be considered for as well as your updated headshot and resume by email only to:
Kate Suplevé, Production Associate
A copy of the script & Score are available for perusal at the Rainbow Stage administrative offices (200-180 Market Avenue)
While we thank you for submitting your materials electronically and your interest in our 2017 Season, only children selected for an audition will be contacted with an appointment by January 13th, 2017
IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR AUDITION:
- Read the script, familiarize yourself with the score (script & score available at the RBS offices)
- Prepare sides and songs from the script and score. CHOOSE ONE ROLE TO SING FOR – The callback may be for other roles at the director’s discretion (sides available online; links to be provided)
- Arrive at the audition room warmed up, ready to deliver your best performance
- **Please note it is not necessary to audition in costume, we prefer you wear clothing that makes you feel confident, and that you are comfortable performing in**
CHILDREN’S CASTING BREAKDOWN
All children cast in South Pacific must be able to believably be the French-speaking children of a Caucasian French man and a Polynesian woman.
- All girls must be between the ages of 7-12 AND be no taller than four foot seven inches (4’7”)
- All boys must be between the ages of 8-12 AND be no taller than four foot eight inches (4’8”)
NGANA de BECQUE; Soprano – (Supporting).
The French-speaking, multi-ethnic child of a Polynesian woman and Emil de Becque. Ngana is poised and playful. She is the definition of the dutiful daughter. She loves to sing, play games, and tease her brother Jerome.
JEROME de BECQUE; Boy Soprano – (Supporting). Must be an unchanged voice
The French-speaking, multi-ethnic child of a Polynesian woman and Emil de Becque. Jerome is sweet-tempered, mischievous, yet kind boy. He loves to sing, play games, and tease his sister Ngana and his father’s manservant Henri.