Call for Submissions from Winnipeg-based Theatre professionals for Rainbow Stage’s 2016 Season
Rainbow Stage (RBS) is inviting applications from IATSE
Theatre Professionals for the following Seasonal position:
House Stage Carpenter
Dates: May 27th, 2016 – September 20th, 2016
Rainbow Stage is seeking a self-motivated IATSE technician to become an integral part of our crew. The successful candidate will be a direct report to the Production Manager/TD and Executive Director and will be responsible for providing efficient and reliable preparation, operation and maintenance of all stage machinery, rigging and scenery and management of labour resources.
*The individual should have a minimum of 6 years professional experience in the area of Technical Theatre*
*Preference will be given to IATSE members of Winnipeg Local 63*
Submissions must be emailed by April 14st, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reports directly to the Production Manager in matters of equipment, scheduling, staffing requirements and show preparation. Oversee and manage a House Crew of 5 technicians.
- Attends all production meetings, staff meetings, onstage rehearsals and note sessions as scheduled.
- Collaborates and consults with the Stage Manager, other Production Department Heads, Designers and Directors with regards to rehearsals and performances and to maintain the artistic integrity of all Rainbow Stage’s productions.
- Maintain and care for all rigging hardware and soft goods associated with each production.
- Advise the PM/TD of items that will require the release of additional funds, personnel or special equipment and tools to complete.
- Receive deliveries and shipments of equipment and materials as noted by Production.
- Coordinate and supervise the set-up and operations of all scenic elements and rigging for all Rainbow productions
- Prepare all technical, tracking and payroll paperwork for all RBS productions.
- Assist the scenic carpenters in planning the construction of scenic elements to prepare for installation.
- Inspect, maintain and improve all stage equipment and tools.
- Coordinating and supervising the set up, strike and operations of all scenic elements and rigging.
- Provide a safe & clean work environment onstage, backstage and storage areas for technicians, staff and performers alike.
- Coordinate and supervise stage crews during Load in & out, installation, show running and strike.
- Serve as running crew including scenery movement and flying elements as needed.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate show records including: equipment tracking and inventory, show running paperwork, detail drawings, shop orders, cue sheets, timing sheets etc.
- Assist and advise on all pyrotechnics, pneumatics, automation, scenic carpentry and special effects.
- Ensure all pertinent company and union policies and agreements are understood and implemented.
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to the production Manager,
- Must adhere to and enforce all safety regulations including attire and footwear as stipulated for general IA calls and RBS policy and MB Workplace Heath and Safety.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be a member of the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE) labour union.
- Previous experience in Theatrical Stage Carpentry is required along with knowledge of current theatrical technology.
- An ability to work well in a team atmosphere and posses strong cooperative leadership skills.
- Be comfortable working in an open air environment.
- Possess strong desire to hone existing skills and a willingness and ability to learn new ones.
- A diploma or certificate of graduation from a recognized theatrical training institute or equivalent in work experience.
- Be highly resourceful and possess efficient problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate strong writing, mathematical, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Possession of a valid Pyro technician license, FAC, First-aid, and CPR is an asset.
- Posses personal tools and instruments specific to stage technical needs (suggested but not mandatory)
Submit applications by email ONLY to: email@example.com
Subject: House Stage Carpenter.
Submissions must be emailed by April 14st, 2016
*All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted*