Rainbow Stage is inviting applications for the following Seasonal position:
Front of House Manager
Dates: May 16, 2016 – September 2, 2016
Rainbow Stage is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and experienced Front of House Manager to work closely with the Executive Director, Box Office & Patron Services Manager and the front of house team to ensure a friendly, welcoming, professional, efficient and accessible service to all visitors. They will be responsible for the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of Rainbow Stage’s front of house operations. Not only does this individual relate to the audience as a host, but they must also coordinate with the box office, stage manager and volunteers.
Submissions must be emailed by April 15, 2016 to email@example.com
Main Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House.
- Ensure the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures.
- Prepare FOH manager’s reports nightly including house counts, deposits, lost and found and patron’s feedback.
- Coordinate the use of the Diamond Lounge for receptions including set up, food preparation and clean up.
- Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns in the lobby and theatre.
- Ensure adequate advertising through display unit, brochures and posters in lobby for upcoming events.
- Maintain lost and found for Rainbow Stage.
- Collect, count and deposit money after each performance and arrange for adequate float money.
- Balance the raffle draw, pick, notify and record a winner as per LGA requirements.
- Secure all locks and alarms in building before leaving the theatre.
- Coordinate volunteers through hiring, training, evaluation and scheduling.
- Coordinate volunteers in positions for ticket taking, ushers, program sellers, 50/50 sellers and merchandise sellers.
- Create and maintain a volunteer procedure manual.
- Conduct orientation training sessions.
- Provide ongoing recognition for volunteers.
- Maintain supplies and uniforms for the volunteers.
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 40lb, pushing carts, lobby set up and remaining on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle fast paced environment with many disruptions.
- Building strong relationships to provide a harmonious environment
- Responsible and considerate of the customers needs
- Applicant must be bondable
- First Aid training and CPR is appreciated but not necessary.
- Maintain a high standard for FOH and volunteers as ambassadors for the theatre.
*All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted*