Rainbow Stage is in search of Artistic Director .5
The position of Artistic Director is flexible in time, but not in quality of individual.
The individual must have the following qualifications
- Be a graduate from a post secondary institution in Theatre/Performing Arts, Music, Drama or related field of study or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Practical theatre experience in acting, stage management and direction preferably in a non profit professional theatre.
- Be a collaborative liaison with other arts organizations.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Rainbow Stage’s mission and history.
- Knowledge of theatrical procedures in both technical and administrative areas.
- Knowledge of the CTA, MPM and ADC agreement
- Possess a strong collaborative, team-driven ethic with proven ability to engage and inspire others to achieve organizational goals.
- Possess established professional relationships with a wide network of theatre artists and have the ability to leverage those relationships to serve Rainbow Stage’s goals.
The Artistic Director reports to the Executive Director with the principal Duties and Responsibilities as follow:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches and selects show for consideration to the ED; Production Committee and Marketing based on the RBS show template.
- Collaborates with the PM and TD on costings for current and future seasons.
- Secures directors and choreographers for season shows.
- Has creative oversight over shows and works with the individual directors as needed and within budgets.
- Agreement negotiations and assistance to directors in relation to set designer, costume designer, stage manager, musical director, performers and musicians. Communicates above areas in costing to PM for budget overview.
- Serves as a conduit in education. Responsible for success of all programs as agreed within budget. Works with staff to assure best level of training possible; keeps programs fresh and diversified.
- Assists with grant writing as required.
- Available for consultation on and present at fundraising events.
- Available for interviews on behalf of Rainbow Stage as requested or arranged by Marketing.
- Liaison with industry partners.
- Available for speaking presentations at groups, conferences or service clubs, guest appearances or peer to peer adjudication.
Persons who meet the qualification are invited to submit a resume along with the reason they believe they are most suited to be considered for an interview along with salary expectation to Julie Eccles by October 10, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a two process interview step with final interviews being conducted by a committee.